Thursday 8 November 2012

Things My Dad Taught Me.

I saw this trending on Twitter & it really got me thinking about all the things that my dad has taught me over the years! 140 characters isn't enough, so I thought it deserved a blog post!

Anyone who knows me , knows that my dad is basically my hero! I've looked up to him my whole life, & I've always been a 'Daddy's Girl'. My mother always said I had my dad wrapped around my little finger from the second I was born! Because we're so close, he has imparted some of his wisdom on me over the years!

Things My Dad Taught Me:
  • Life is an episode of Criminal Minds waiting to happen.
  • Restaurants/bars/tattoo parlours with blacked out windows are shady - don't go in them!
  • Wind, it's killing half the country. (credit for this one goes to my grandfather!)
  • Doing your best is all you can do.
  • Specsavers would give Mojo (our dog) glasses if he went in - your eyes are grand.
  • He is in the process of teaching me to drive!
  • If you have your family, your health & music, you're doing pretty okay.
  • There's nothing wrong with letting your freak flag fly. 

I will leave you my most favourite quote from the man in question!
I'm like a swan, Ellen, graceful on the surface, but paddling like fuck underneath

Current Playlist (i'm going to feature some songs that i'm currently listening to at the end of each blog post!)
This Kiss - Carly Rae Jepson
Ghost Me - Stay Golden
Shiver, Shiver - Walk The Moon
Big Mouth Strikes Again - The Smiths
If These Sheets Were The States - All Time Low
Stutter - Darren Criss
Ho Hey - The Lumineers

Until next time, 
Ellen.

No comments:

Post a Comment