Wednesday 30 July 2014

BEAUTY | Top 5 ...

I love bright lips all year round, but even more so in the summer months. There's no better time to experiment with bright, crazy colours than the sunshine season! So, what's this edition of Top 5 about? You guessed it.. My Top 5 Summer Brights!




1. MAC's Candy Yum Yum. 
Candy Yum Yum is my favourite lipstick. There, I said it! I love the color, the formula, the finish, everything. It's a neon, blue-based pink, perfect to showcase that summer tan! While it does have a matte finish, it's not too drying. It's staying power is incredible, so you can spend more time socializing and less time re-applying your lippy!



2. Rimmel London Apocalips in Apocaliptic
I must admit it took me a while to warm up to the Apocalips range. I tried them when they first came out, I just wasn't sold on the liquid lipstick aspect. After much consideration, I gave them another go. I LOVED it! Apocaliptic is a hot pink/fuchsia colour. These lip lacquers are super pigmented, and the doe foot tip makes for smooth application! The finish is very glossy to start, then dries to a satin finish!


3. Sleek True Lip Colour in Coral Reef
Coral Reef is an orange-based coral. It looks quite neon in the bullet, but comes out just right on the lip! It's a sheen finish, and the formula is very moisturising. I became obsessed with coral on the lips, and bought a tonne of lipsticks, but this is the only one I really loved from the bunch! The colour is buildable, so you can leave it as a wash of colour, or intensify it depending on your mood!



4. Catrice Ultimate Shine Lipstick in Oh Juicy! 
Oh Juicy is a true, bright orange! The Ultimate Shine range has a super creamy formula, and a sheen finish. It's a very wearable colour, I find most orange lipsticks can be fake looking. The lipstick's main downfall though, is that it's not long lasting, very transferable. Other than that, Oh Juicy is super opaque, so it doesn't need more than two coats for full coverage!


5. MAC's Flat Out Fabulous
Flat Out Fabulous is in close second for my favourite lipstick of all time! It, like Candy Yum Yum, is a blue-toned pink, this has just has more plum tones in the mix. It is a Retro Matte finish, but again, it's not too drying on the lips. It's a super long lasting formula, this sucker will not budge! FOF is, in my opinion, a perfect transition colour for those not comfortable with bright lips. It's a nice pop of colour on the lips, without being completely attention grabbing!




What are your favourite lip colours in summer?! 

Until next time,
Elle x 


Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin' - Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I love all these bright lip colours! I love the Rimmel Apocalips too, and I really want to try Candy Yum Yum!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try more of the Apocalips, now that I know how they look/feel on me! I would definitely recommend trying Candy Yum Yum, it's my absolute favourite!

      Elle x

      Delete