Friday 7 October 2016

BEAUTY | A Lazy Gal's Guide to Skincare

I'm going to say something, and I need you all not to hate me after. I have clear skin. God, it feels good to get that off my chest. I've never had to endure severe breakouts, mine are strictly hormonal. My skin's not very dry, it's not very oily. It just is. Because of this, I've never really made an effort to create a skincare routine. That, and I'm just lazy! I literally use 3 products, with an added makeup remover and face mask. Quick, easy, no fuss!

2-in-1 products are the lazy girl's best friend. Two birds, one stone, and all that jazz! This Nivea Daily Essentials 2 in 1 Cleanser & Toner is the focal point of my skincare routine. It cleanses. It tones. It also removes makeup pretty well. What more do I need? I just apply a healthy amount all over my face, let it soak in a little, then wash it off. The 2 in 1 Cleanser & Toner can be found in Boots, for around €1.30.


I remove that with my trusty Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and some large cotton pads. I would be lost without this guy, seriously. It's the most multi-purpose product around. It removes makeup, it cleanses. It saves your life in a jiffy! It's super gentle on the skin too, so any skin type can reap it's benefits! This can be bought from varying pharmacies, and retails at around €4.50.


Then, we moisturise. Right now, I'm trying out the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. It feels super luxurious on the skin, very rich. You can feel your skin drinking this baby in. It absorbs quickly, and leaves the skin silky smooth. I tend to switch up my moisturizer regularly, just because I can. But, I can definitely see myself buying a full size of this product in the future! The full size retails at €24.95, and can be found on Cloud10.


As for makeup remover, I'm not a huge fan of makeup wipes. I just feel like they don't remove all of my makeup, and I have to do an extra step then. God forbid! However, this Ciaté London Makeup Melter is my dream come true. It's a solid balm, that turns into an oil when heated. It does exactly what it says on the tin, it melts ALL your makeup off. You just wipe it all away with a damp face cloth. Plus, it leaves your skin feeling so soft! You can pick up your own Makeup Melter from LookFantastic for around €19.95.


Lastly, we come to the mask. I try to do a face mask once a week. But that realistically turns into, like once every two, *cough* four weeks. Told you I was lazy! Right now, I'm trialing the new L'Oreal Paris Skin Expert Pure Clay Detox Mask. This guy promises to detox and brighten the skin. I'm gonna give it a few more tries before I form a solid opinion, but so far, so good. It recommended that you use this mask THREE times a week, but let's be real. I'll be doing well if I use it 3 times a month! The Pure Clay Masks are currently €7.50 in Boots, so snap 'em up while you can!



Are you a lazy gal like me? 
Or do you have a 10 step, twice daily regiment? 

Until next time,
Elle x

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin' - Facebook - Snapchat: elleblgr_blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment