Friday 14 October 2016

BEAUTY | A Modern Love Affair

Now, we're back to regular programming. I always feel like I'm rising above my station when I post about something other than makeup!

Have you ever wanted something so much, that you think you might be disappointed when you finally get it? Yeah, that didn't happen to me. The Modern Renaissance palette was everything I hoped it would be, and so much more. Can we talk about the packaging first? Mauve. Velvet. Gasp! It's just so dreamy!


This palette has been sold out for what feels like an eternity. At first, I tried to convince myself that I didn't need it. Who was I trying to kid? And thus, the struggle began. When I was in Florida, I dragged my family to every Sephora, Ulta, Macy's, Bloomingdale's. You name it, I searched it. I had deluded myself into thinking it would magically come back into stock. That's the power of this palette! 


And rightly so. Anastasia Beverly Hills don't mess around when it comes to eyeshadow. Not only are they high quality, but they're super pigmented. They're the right amount of buttery goodness, that makes them blend to perfection. Can you tell that I'm in love? I already knew this, but this palette just reaffirmed the facts. Now let's talk shades. 


With 14 shadows, there's a perfect mix of matte and shimmer. All are incredibly warm-toned. The dream! My two go-to eye looks are a brown/gold smokey, and a pink/burgundy smokey. This palette definitely speaks my language. I may never use anything else. Okay, let's dial down the dramatics! But, I can guarantee that for the foreseeable future, these are the only shadows I'll be using!

If you can catch this guy in stock, you NEED to snap it up. It's a warm-toned, dream come true. You can find it on the ABH website, Beauty Bay and Cult BeautyIt retails for $42/€49/£41. And well, when you think about cost per wear, well it nearly pays for itself! 

Have you fallen under the Modern Renaissance spell?!

Until next time, 
Elle x 

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin' - Facebook - Snapchat: elleblgr_blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment