Wednesday 5 October 2016

FAVES | September 2016

I say this every time, but HOW IS IT OCTOBER ALREADY?! This year is passing so quickly, I can't keep up. You may have seen most of these favourites before, in my USA Beauty Haul. I just can't stay away from them this month!

First up is Too Faced's Hangover RX Replenishing Primer. Right of the bat, the smell of this product got me. It's so fresh and fruity. I'm sold! It's hydrating, moisturizing, and feels lightweight on the skin. It's long-lasting too. My first time using it, my makeup was on 12+ hours. At the end of the day, it looked just as good as when I put it on! This product surprised me, I normally go for silicone based primers. It might even be my new favourite! The Hangover RX Replenishing Primer retails at €32, and is available from Debenhams.


Next up, the L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow 24 Hour Foundation. Another one that surprised me. I've tried the other foundations in the Infallible collection, and we did not get on. I only picked this one up because it said Pro Glow, and because I'm a believer in second chances. And third chances, it seems! It's a medium coverage foundation, with a glowy, luminous finish. My shade is 208 Sun Beige. I really, really like it. It blends and settles well into the skin. I found the rest of my makeup sat nicely on top too! If you have oily skin, I would suggest a matte primer. I personally don't mind the sweaty glow! I haven't found anything online about an Irish release, but I'll keep you updated!


Boy, am I late to the party on this one?! I am, of course, talking about the Becca Cosmetics X Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop. While I'm a huge fan of Jaclyn, I was reluctant to purchase this product, for whatever reason. HOW WRONG WAS I? This is the highlight for me. I'd go so far as to call it a gift from the highlight gods! Bold, but necessary. Champagne Pop is a gorgeous white gold highlight, with major peachy, rose undertones. Obsessed! The formula is super smooth, buttery, and so so sooooo pigmented. It's buildable too, but I suggest just lashing it on 'til your hand's sore. Shame on me for ever doubting Mrs, Hill! Champagne Pop is available from Space NK and Cult Beauty, and retails at around the €38 mark. 


Now, you may, or may not, know that I have a little problem with liquid lipsticks. They're just so convenient. They don't require as much maintenance as regular lipstick, and they're nearly always matte. Obviously, I'm obsessed! So in saying that, I had to try the Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks. While I was in America, I picked up four: Dolce, Ashton, and the two featured today: Sepia and Trust Issues. These two shades are so perfect for the Autumn/Winter season. Sepia is a grey-brown, while Trust Issues is a winey-purple. The shade range is massive, and getting bigger with new releases all the time. The formula itself is long-wearing, pigmented and super matte. It is drying, so I'd avoid these if that's not for you! A major downside to these liquid lips, they're not available in Ireland yet. However if you don't mind the shipping costs, you can get you some over on the Anastasia website, or from Sephora. They retail at $20 each.

L: Sepia R:Trust Issues 

My last beauty favourite is a skincare gem. It's the Boscia Makeup Break Up Cool Cleansing Oil. The guy is amazing! He takes makeup off, even anything waterproof, in an instant. While it's a cleansing oil, there isn't an oily residue left on the skin. It's very gentle and soothing, ideal for anyone who's skin is any way sensitive. I bought the travel mini to try, but I'll definitely be buying a full size in the future. The 10ml mini retails at $10, while the 30ml full size is $30, available from Sephora.


This very last favourite might be my all time favourite thing I've ever purchased. I say that ALL the time, but I really mean it this time. For as long as I can remember, Beauty and The Beast has been my favourite Disney movie. It's number one on my list, no matter what mood I'm in. So obviously, I couldn't wait to get back to Disney World, where New Fantasyland was built. Equipped with Beast's Castle, Gaston's Tavern, and Belle's house, it was like being in the movie! I was so amazed. It was a dream come true! I couldn't leave without my fave little guy, Chip. I've looked all over the internet for a good quality Chip cup, but it was next to impossible. I even scoured Disneyland Paris, with no luck. Guess you have to go straight to the source! This guy retails at $21.99 plus tax, and can be found in gift shops throughout Magic Kingdom, and Disney Springs.


What made the cut for your September favourites?! 

Until next time, 
Elle x

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin' - Facebook - Snapchat: elleblgr_blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment