Wednesday 8 October 2014

BEAUTY | The Tale of Two Palettes

When I first planned this post, I was prepared to pit these two palettes against one another. I have since seen the error of my ways. It was like Sophie's Choice, albeit not as dramatic! Actually, I'm willing to bet that it was just as dramatic! Who says I can't love them both equally?!



Before I run away with myself, I should mention the palettes that have me in a tizzy! Today, I'm talking about the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette and LORAC's PRO Palette. I'm not one to splash out on eyeshadow palettes, especially those on the higher end. I've had my Naked 2 for about 2 years, and it's been filling my quota since! I picked these both up in the States, so while I know LORAC PRO isn't available here, you can find the Chocolate Bar Palette on the Sephora, Debenhams and BeautyBay websites.


The LORAC PRO has 16 shadows, with an even keel of 8 mattes and 8 shimmers. The colour range in the palette is a neutral lover's dream, with nudes, bronzes and dark browns. A curveball is thrown in with the shades Pewter, Garnet and Deep Purple, fantastic for those of us who have trouble branching out from the norm! The shadows themselves are a buttery, velvety formula, and are highly pigmented. I'm a sucker for matte anything, and I'm obsessed with the ones in this palette!



L-R: Mattes; White, Cream, Taupe, Lt. Pink, Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black.
L-R: Shimmers; Nude, Champagne, Gold, Lt. Bronze, Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, Slate.

Similarly, the Chocolate Bar Palette has 16 shadows, this time with 10 shimmer and 6 matte shades. Like the PRO palette, the colour range here is neutral central, with some gorgeous purple and berry shades, like Candied Violet and Cherry Cordial, in the mix. The shadows are super buttery, and super pigmented too. While I adore the PRO for it's matte shades, the shimmers in this palette won me over! Added bonus? The entire thing smells of chocolate - heaven!



L-R: Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge.
L-R: Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto. 
L-R: Hazelnut, Creme Brulee, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial, Champagne Truffle.
Can you see why it was so hard to choose a favourite now?! I've had so much fun creating looks with both of these palettes, mixing and matching shadows as I go along! I can't wait to share some with you all soon! Honestly, this duo is well on it's way to achieving HG in my books!

Have you tried any of these palettes? Do you have a favourite? Let me know in the comments! 

Until next time,
Elle x

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin' - Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment