Friday 17 October 2014

BEAUTY | Top 5...


With the dreary, cold weather brings our need to make everything darker; our wardrobe, our hair, and even our lips! There is just something about darker lipstick that can't be worn in the summer months. Today's Top 5 is my Autumn/Winter lip colour faves!


1. MAC Staunchly Stylish & NYX Zurich
This lip combo is the closest thing I've found to the Kylie Jenner lip, without buying exactly what she is said to wear! Staunchly Stylish is a Pro Longwear Pencil, and Zurich is a Soft Matte Lip Cream. Staunchly Stylish leaves a slight matte finish, but the formula is a tad sticky. Zurich gives a matte finish, but the creamy texture means there's no drying! Both give off a rosy-beige tone, a perfect A/W nude in my book!




2. MAC Cyber
Cyber is a deep, red-toned purple with a satin finish. It's super pigmented, ideal for creating a vampy look! I love a dark lip in the colder months, they just seem to go hand in hand. And I really like how this lipstick looks with my skintone. It is a super intense shade, it's not for the faint of heart!




3. Wet n' Wild Stoplight Red
Wet n Wild are infamous for their good quality, reasonably priced lipsticks. This one is no different! Stoplight Red is a highly-pigmented. blue-toned true red. The only downfall of this lippy is the package is a bit flimsy, and it is quite messy in it's removal, but that's not stopping me! Stoplight Red is fabulous, and ridiculously inexpensive!




4. Barry M 156 Vicious Violet
Straight off the bat, Vicious Violet looks like MAC's Rebel in the bullet. On the lips, it's a lot more sheer, and a more pink-toned purple/berry shade. This lipstick is perfect for those a little bit frightened of the bolder, darker colours! It's still berry-toned, and it's enriched with Cocoa Butter, so it's moisturising too. Perfect to help combat those pesky chapped lips!




5. MAC Sin
Matte finishes aren't ideal in the already drying weather conditions of the seasons, but I can't help it. They are my weakness! Sin is no exception. It's described as a deep blue-toned red, but appears more maroon/brown when swatched. This colour is like the epitome of Autumn to me! I cannot get enough of it. Don't be surprised if this is all you see me wearing in the coming months!  




What are your favourite lip colours for Autumn/Winter?! Let me know below!

Until next time,
Elle x 

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin' - Facebook

4 comments:

  1. I love the colour of MAC sin! Great for Halloween too haha.
    www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I've already been thinking of ways to incorporate it into my Halloween costume!

      Elle x

      Delete
  2. Great picks! MAC lipsticks are awesome! The two shades you have are so unique, definitely autumn ready.

    Would love if you check out my blog, just followed you on twitter :)
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the shades, they're so different!

      Thanks for following, I'll definitely check out your blog :)

      Delete