Wednesday 10 August 2016

FAVES | July 2016

What better way to jump back into blogging than with a favourites post?! As it's been so long, I'm just going to focus on the things I've been reaching the most for lately! Let's jump right in!


First things on the agenda are Makeup Geek eyeshadows. Could you say love at first sight? Uh, duh! These shadows are buttery, super pigmented and easy to blend. They're such good quality, there's a huge colour range, and with a price point of $6/€5.94, they cannot be passed up. My current go-tos are Frappe, Cocoa Bear and Americano. Don't get me wrong, these shadows know how to hold their own, but together, they create the most perfect brown smokey eye. I DIE! Makeup Geek can be found here; on their own website, or here on Beauty Bay.


L-R: Frappe, Cocoa Bear, Americano
L-R: Frappe, Cocoa Bear, Americano
Ardell Wispies and Demi Wispies might actual be my favourite lash of all time. Bold statement, but I'm willing to make it. Both styles are lightweight, and so easy to apply. The thin band means you can go without liner if you're not feeling it. What's not to love? The original Wispies are long, fluttery, and perfect for any glam look. The Demi Wispies are a little shorter, more graduated, making them ideal for every day wear. I buy mine from Penneys, for €5. I find they're best applied with Duo Glue (€5.50), also available from Penneys!



Next up is Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick in 1995. It's widely known that I'm a sucker for a matte lip. Add in my new love for liquid lipsticks, this one was bound to feel right at home in my collection. The Hydra Matte formula does exactly what it says on the tin. While it does dry down matte, it's still hydrating and super comfortable on the lips. 1995 is a rose-toned mauve; total 90s vibe. Perfect shade to make the transition from Summer to Autumn! Gerard Cosmetics can be found here, and here, costing $20/€11.90.



Blank Canvas E25 Round Top Blending Brushes are the real dealThese babies blend shadow like a dream. It's no wonder I have THREE of them. Plus, I'm a firm believer that you can never have too many brushes! The E25 makes the tiresome job of blending feel effortless. You'll wonder how you ever survived without one! They retail at €7.90. You can get your own here.



My last favourite of the month is a book called The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. "For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She doesn't believe in true love, and never thought this would be a problem. But as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she's not so sure anymore." I'm not going to lie, this story took a while to grip me, like 5 or so months. But once I gave it a second chance, I just couldn't put it down! While the summary promotes a love story, a romantic element is minor undertone. The story, loosely based on real Welsh folklore, is packed full of psychics, ghosts, and the paranormal. I'm just itching to get my hands on the next installment! The Raven Boys is available from Easons for €11.70, or on Kindle. A little addition to this one; Good Reads. I love this website for finding new books, and keeping tabs on books I've read and want to read!



What do your July faves look like?! 

Until next time, 
Elle x

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin' - Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment