Wednesday 17 August 2016

TOP 5 | Holy Grail Products

We're reviving the Top 5 series today, with my holy grail products. There are the products I'd need if I was stranded on a desert island with Zac Efron. Because why else would I need makeup on a desert island?!


1. L'Oreal True Match Foundation 
True Match has actually replaced Maybelline's Fit Me as my favourite drugstore foundation. It just ticks all my boxes! It is a medium coverage formula, but can be built up to full coverage very easily. The formula is super blendable, as advertised, and feels lightweight on the skin with a dewy finish. The shades are separated by skin tones - Warm, Neutral and Cool, with 32 shades between them. I do go between three shades, in and around the 5 to 6 region. Mainly because the actual shades I use can't be found in Ireland. Bummer! True Match Super Blendable Foundation can be found in Boots and most pharmacies, and retails at €14.99

L-R: 5N Sand, W5 Sand Beige, W6 Sun Beige

2. MAC Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skin Finish
This product started my love affair with highlight, and I haven't looked back since! Soft and Gentle is a warm, peachy champagne shade. The coverage is buildable, it can be semi-sheer or super opaque. Just depends on how you like your highlight. I personally go for the glow-worm look! While you'd think the finely milled glitter would be a bit overkill, it actually makes the skin look naturally luminous. Soft and Gentle retails at €31.50 currently, and can be found at MAC counters or on Brown Thomas online. 



3. Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipsticks
These are some of the best drugstore lipsticks around. Wet n Wild came to play! The formula is comfortable on the lips, even with it's matte finish. As for pigmentation, these lipsticks are opaque with one swipe. The colour range is huge, and the line is full of dupes for lots of high end lippies! To add to this all-rounder, they are super affordable too. Perfect for anyone starting a makeup collection, or a kit. They retail at €2.99 and stands can be found in Penneys, Dunnes and pharmacies nationwide.

L-R: Bare It All, Mauve Outta Here, Spiked With Rum, Sandstorm, Mochalicious
4. Benefit Hoola Bronzer
This is the only product I use for powder contour. I honestly can't look past it. It's such a universal shade, it suits all skin tones. The tone of the bronzer itself has a good balance, it's cool but not muddy, warm but not orange. It blends out nicely, and the coverage can be built up, depending on your taste! Hoola retails at €34, from Benefit counters.


5. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
I don't have a lot of dark pigmentation in my under eye area, so I love using this concealer just to brighten rather than conceal. The Fit Me concealer has a light to medium coverage, and works best if you have light dark circles. The formula is lightweight, creamy and blends out like a dream. It doesn't cake, and with a little bit of setting powder, there's no creasing. What more could you ask for?! The concealer retails at €8.99, and can be found on Maybelline stands in Boots and pharmacies nationwide.


What products make the cut for your Top 5?

Until next time,
Elle x

PS: I just created a Snapchat account for this blog; elleblgr_blog. Head over there for blog updates, random life things, and who knows what else!

Find me on:
Twitter - Instagram: @ellebolger - Bloglovin' - Facebook - Snapchat: elleblgr_blog

No comments:

Post a Comment