Wednesday 11 December 2013

FESTIVE | Get Ready With Me: Christmas Night Out

Over the Christmas season, there's always lots of nights out, whether it's a work party, a birthday, a family do, or even tackling the 12 pubs of Christmas, you'll want to look your best and most festive whatever the occasion! Nothing screams 'festive' like glitter, and lots of it. Here's my take on a glittery, smokey eye:

                                         

  • I primed my eyelids with the Elf Primer in Pearl, then took my Bad Gal Palette from Sleek patted the 'Blade' shadow just on my lid with a flat shader brush. I then buffed the 'Gun Metal' shade into the crease, and my lower lash line, and blended 'Underground' in the outer V. As an inner corner & brow highlight, I used 'Innocence' from the same palette.
  • I lined both my water & tight line with my Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Black Fever, then taking my Eyeliner Pen from Essence, I thickly lined my upper lash line.
  • I primed my face, then buffed my foundation using a Sonia Kashuk Buffing Brush. I concealed under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, and the middle of my forehead, blending that out with my ring finger. I set this with Natural Collection's Loose Powder in Warm Translucent.
  • I curled my lashes, then used my Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Very Black to set the curl, and give definition. I used Benefit's They're Real over top for extra drama. For my brows, I used the darker shade in Essence's Eyebrow Stylist Set for fill in any sparse areas.
  • Taking the blush from Sleek's Face Form Contouring Palette in Light, I blended it out on the apples of my cheeks, then highlighted my cheekbones with MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle. 
  • Using a Sonia Kashuk Lip Brush, I lined my lip liner with Barry M's Lip Paint in 156, then filled in the rest with the same colour. 

Products Used:


Outfit of the Night:

Striped Leggings: H&M (€12.99)
White Vest: Primark (€9)
Rose Gold Watch: Stand at The Outlets at Orange, California ($40)
Heeled Chelsea Boots: Primark (€20)

Do you have a go-to look for Christmas nights out? Be sure to let me know in the comments! 

Until next time, & Merry Christmas,
Elle. 


Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin'

1 comment:

  1. So much purple *-*
    So much product layering *-* (2 LINERS AND 2 MASCARAS? 2MUCH EFFORT FOR ME)
    Really like the shades on the eyes though! :D
    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete