Wednesday 18 December 2013

FESTIVE | GRWM: Family Dinner

With Christmas only a week away, there's bound to be lots of family dinners on the horizon! I recently wore this look for a big dinner with all my family, and I think I may recreate it for our annual Christmas Eve dinner! It's not dramatic in the slightest, the main focus is on the lip colour while everything else is super neutral! Here's how I created it! 

  • For my base, I primed with NYC's Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer in the shade 684, then used my fingers to apply the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 103 True Ivory. I concealed under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, and the middle of my forehead with the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 3 Medium, blending that out with my ring finger. I set this with Natural Collection's Loose Powder in Warm Translucent
  • For my eyes, I primed my lids with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden. I used my Essence Eye Liner Pen to draw a thick line on my upper lash line, winging it out slightly at the outer corners. I curled my lashes, then applied KIKO Cosmetics' Luxurious Lashes Waterproof Mascara to my upper and lower lashes. Taking the darkest shade from the Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set, I filled in any sparseness in my brows. 
  • Using my Sonia Kashuk Lip Brush, I lined my lips with MAC's Candy Yum Yum, then applied the same colour to the rest of my lips. 
  • To complete the look, I highlighted my cheekbones with MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle, then set this with Natural Collection's Loose Powder in Warm Translucent
Products Used:

Outfit of the Day:


Denim Skater Skirt: New Look (€15; on sale)
Grey Tank Top: Zine @ Zumies ($6.99)
Black Leather Boots: New Look (€59.99)
Navy Cardigan (Not Pictured): Aeropostle ($31.99)
Tartan Scarf: Primark (€5)
Watch: Stand at The Outlets at Orange, California ($40)
Rings: Assorted (River Island, Primark, Dorothy Perkins, Claires) 

What are some of your favourite minimalist make up looks? If you try out this look, be sure to let me know in the comments! 

Until next time, and Merry Christmas, 
Elle. 

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment