Wednesday 4 December 2013

FESTIVE | Ultimate Holiday To Do List

I am a HUGE lover of Christmas, it's genuinely my favourite time of year, has been since I was a little girl! Now that December has graced us with her presence, I have complied a list of things that I think are essential at this time of year!


  • A Christmas movie marathon is essential. Nothing gets me in the festive spirit like my favourite holiday flicks!


  • Decorating the tree/house/bedroom can be tiring work, but so worth it once it's done! Keep your eyes peeled for my quick my quick & easy solution to festive bedroom decorating!
  • Nothing screams 'CHRISTMAS' to me quite like the smell of freshly baked goods around the house! Cookies, cakes, brownies, pies, anything can be made festive by adding some cinnamon or vanilla. Yum! Also, building and decorating gingerbread houses/people are a fun activity! 
  • What baking & decorating activity would be complete without some Christmas tunes? Here are some of my favourites: (you can peep my Christmas playlist here)
    Baby, It's Cold Outside - Glee Version
    All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey
    Last Christmas - Wham
    White Christmas - The Drifters
  • Curling up by the fire with a good book/movie, and a cup of tea, while all the lights from the tree twinkle around you.. It's like something straight from the movies!
  • One of my most favourite Christmas activities is basking in the festive atmosphere around my city! I also find Dublin is extra magical at this time of year!
  • I'm not sure how common this is in other households, but my family & I love driving around, looking at the light displays around town!
  • It's one of my most treasured holiday pastimes, but I know for a fact that I'm a terrible gift wrapper! Unless it's square or rectangle, I'm useless! Oh well
  • One of the more sentimental holiday musts is, of course, family time, There's nothing quite like spending quality time with loved ones! I especially love all the get-togethers my family have, it's nice to be all in the same place for once! 
  • Last, but by no means least, "THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS BY SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR" Thanks Buddy the Elf! (Refer to number 4 for all your holiday tunes!) 

What are some things on your Holiday To Do list? Have you got any Christmas traditions that you just have to uphold? Let me know in the comments below! 

Until next time, 
Elle. 

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin'


2 comments:

  1. -gonna steal this list because I'm so behind in inducing Christmas spirit and this list would be perfect after I finish finals-
    Ugh, don't have any Christmas traditions--as of right now I just can't wait until Christmas break starts so I can do all these Christmassy things!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Good luck with finals, hopefully they go quickly so you can get all Christmassy!

      Elle x

      Delete