Friday 10 January 2014

FASHION | Taking A Walk On The Wildside


Like I said in yesterday's resolutions post (see here), one of my "resolutions" is to be more adventurous with my fashion choices. While I like to think that my style is far superior, I do play it safe, more often than not. Whether it's a fear of standing out, or a severe lack of motivation to actually put effort into my outfits, maybe a mixture of both, I tend to stay in my comfort zone. BUT, not anymore! I've begun my journey into previously undiscovered fashion territory. Eek!

I first spotted these gorgeous boots in River Island while browsing what the sale had to offer (unfortunately, the boots weren't on sale - just my luck!), and wanted them instantly, for reasons unknown to myself. They are completely out of character for me. I tend to stay away from chunky and large shoes. As I am a larger shoes size (a 7 for those interested!), I find they make my feet look bigger than necessary... Or so I thought! I bit the bullet this past week, and parted begrudgingly with the €55 without even trying them on. Had I gone mad? Maybe!





Brave, impulsive decisions like this are what I need to get me out of my fashion rut. At the end of the day, I can always return it!
Are you a fashion risk-taker? Or do you prefer comfort over couture?  

Until next time, 
Elle 

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment