Friday 31 January 2014

FAVOURITES | January 2014

January was a bit of weird month for me, blogging wise. I just could not get into a proper rhythm - not good. I'm pledging to be better in the coming months, finding a new routine and sticking to it! This month's favourites is seriously lacking beauty-wise, but I've been loving the minimalistic look this month!

My first favourite this month is Sleek's Brow Kit in Dark. This was a late Christmas gift that I received, and I just cannot get enough of it! The kit includes a pigmented wax, a setting powder, a mini blending brush, a mini angled brush and a mini tweezers all in a sleek (geddit?!) compact. Ace! I've taken to using the wax on the angled brush to sculpt my brows, then filling in any sparseness with the powder. I am seriously in love with how it makes my brows look! The kit retails at €9.99. Sleek can be found online here and Cloud 10 Beauty, or if you live in Waterford, you can find Sleek at the Waterford Health Park Pharmacy.


Next up is the Essence 2 in 1 Eyeliner Pen. This is a double ended felt liner pen, with a thin and thick nib. Recently, I've been forgoing eyeshadow completely and sticking to a sweep of liner across my lid! I love Essence's liners anyway, they're all I've used for years, but this particular pen is fantastic. Whether you want a thin line, or a full-on cat eye, this product has got you covered! If like me, you love channeling your inner Alexa (Chung, that is!), then I highly recommend this product! It retails at around €3.80 and can be found in most pharmacies and Primark stores!


I've been spoiled for choice in TV land this month. With the return of my two favourites; Revenge and Grey's Anatomy, and the discovery of my new guilty pleasure show; Made in Chelsea, I feel like all I've done this month is watch TV! Revenge has totally drawn me back in, I had forgotten about it until it was being advertised on TV! I love the plot, the locations, the fashion, the BOYS - Amazing! Grey's Anatomy is always an old favourite, and this current season is so good. Made in Chelsea snuck up on me! It's replaced the Kardashians as my guilty pleasure show, it's so beyond extravagant that you just have to watch! Revenge is on RTE Two Tuesday's at 10, Grey's Anatomy is on Sky Living Wednesday's at 10, and re-runs of Made in Chelsea are on e4 every day at 3, or on 4oD!


Fashion wise, I treated myself to these gorgeous River Island boots. They aren't to everybody's taste, believe me, they were a step outside my comfort zone (see the post my purchase inspired here), but there was something rather compelling about them! I had my eye on the Jeffrey Campbell Mulder-esque boots in RI for a while, but once these came in stock, I needed them. Honestly, I have worn them so much that cost-per-wear isn't even an issue! The boots sell for €55 and can be found in store and online!


I loved the two movies that I saw in the cinema this month; Wolf of Wall Street and That Awkward Moment. Wolf of Wall Street, while 3 hours long, is incredible. To think it's based on a true story is mind-blowing! I loved the casting too, Leo DiCaprio (my long time fave!) and Jonah Hill are great together on screen (Have you seen their skit from Jonah's SNL opening monologue? Hilarious!), and Margot Robbie was a stunning addition! That Awkward Moment starring Zac Efron (another long-time fave) was a everything I love in a rom-com! Adorable story line, good comedy, and attractive boys - what's not to love?! Both are in cinemas now.



That's it for this month's favourites! What have you been loving this month?

Until next time,
Elle. 

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin' 

1 comment:

  1. Haven't seen that eyeliner pen around where I live yet, but I tried their 'Stays On No Matter What' eyeliner and was pretty disappointed :(
    Hopefully Essence redeems themselves in the eyeliner department for me with this pen!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete