Wednesday 8 January 2014

FAVOURITES | December 2013

Ah! It's my last favourites post of 2013. I actually started working on this post before Christmas, and then got so overwhelmed in the festive period, that I forgot to finish. Oops! I feel like this year has just gone by so fast! Crazy! I don't have many favourites this month, but let's jump right in!

My first favourite this month is the Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Eye Shadow Stick in the shade 008 Blackmail. All of the Scandal Eyes range is fantastic, but I am especially loving this crayon lately! I've been using it to create quite a grunge-y, smokey eye. Blackmail works as the perfect base, as it's super pigmented and blendable! The pigmentation is buildable, which is ideal, because you can always add, but you can't take away without having to start from scratch! The Scandal Eyes Shadow Sticks retail at €5.95.


 Next item in my December Favourites may have won a place my all time favourites. It is MAC's Candy Yum-Yum. Candy Yum-Yum is a neon, blue-based pink with a matte finish - surprise, surprise! Having seen a couple of my nearest and dearest wearing this lipstick, I had to have it. It's everything I love in a lipstick; pink, bold, and most importantly MATTE! While it's not hydrating, it's not drying in the least! Definitely might be my number one MAC lippy! Candy Yum Yum retails for €19, and can be purchased from Brown Thomas or MAC's flagship Irish store at BT2 on Henry Street in Dublin. A handy tidbit; if you sign up for a BT Loyalty Card, you can collect points that can be used for money off purchases in MAC. Ace!


For a fashion-y favourite, these Primark leggings are just the most comfortable things EVER, and they're in my favourite print right now: TARTAN! These retail at €8, and come in two different colours! I originally bought the red pair, but ended going back a week later to buy the other colour. Primark also stock a woollier version of the blue/green ones!


My last favourite for this month is One Direction's Our Moment fragrance. While I wasn't entirely sold on the band bringing out a fragrance (it seemed sort of.. gimmicky), my opinion changed as soon as I smelled it! It's described as a "sparkling, juicy and feminine fragrance" that is "made up of splashes of fresh fruit and seasonal flowers infused with undertones of warm musk." I fell in love at first whiff, it was right up my street. Even my mother said it was a 'me perfume'! I was only too happy to discover it under the Christmas tree! It ranges in price, from €27 for a 30ml bottle to €49 for a 100ml bottle, and can be found in most pharmacies and department stores.




What are your favourites of December, and 2013? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time, and Happy New Year!,
Elle

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, aren't the Rimmel eyeshadow sticks great?? I have the bronze shade, but I definitely want to pick up more! (Isn't 5-ish euros expensive? It's like, $5 where I live!)
    I THOUGHT I'D HATE THE 1D PERFUME TOO, UNTIL I EMBARRASSINGLY DECIDED TO SPRITZ AND SNIFF, AND IT ACTUALLY SMELLS HELLA GOOD.

    Hope you had a great holiday/New Year!
    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited to try some of the other shades! (would you believe that they are some of the cheapest shadow sticks available here? $5 is amazing!)
      It smells so amazing, I was so pleasantly surprised!

      Happy New Year!
      Elle x

      Delete