Wednesday 22 January 2014

TAG | My Beauty Urges

When I saw that Lily Melrose had created this tag, I HAD to do it! While I am quite adventurous when it comes to beauty, there are just some things I can't wrap my head around. Most involve horror stories from my younger years, if only I'd known then what I know now! I tag you all to do this, leave links in the comments if you do!

Snip Happy
I will admit that I get a little scissor happy when trimming my fringe, but there are times I've been tempted to just cut it all off! I did it once before, aged 7/8 -  it was at this point, scissors were banned from my possession! When cutting myself a fringe, I cut a bit too much off, and had to have a bob cut in. If I'm being honest, I resembled Patty & Selma from The Simpsons. Not good! So, I'm not sure if it's the fear of looking like that again, or the dreaded feeling of cutting my long locks that stops me from taking the plunge.

Dare To Go Nude
I tend to steer more towards bright, bold lipsticks. I love vibrant pinks, reds, purples, but one of my biggest beauty desires is to be able to pull of the perfect nude! The 'Your-Lips-But-Better' perfect nude. When it comes to nudes, I don't think the suit my skin tone. It turns out looking like a bad case of concealer lips. Uh oh! Could be that I just haven't found the right shade yet?

Bad To The Bronze 
My very first foray into the world of bronzer was all wrong. I had used my mother's bronzer, so it was the wrong match for my foundation/skin, and I was way too heavy handed with the application. I think I may still be scarred from it, which explains why I tend to shy away from bronzers. There is nothing I want more than to be a bronzing queen, contouring to my hearts content. Maybe I could be hypnotized to forget the horrid trauma in the past!

What are some of your beauty urges? 

Until next time,
Elle. 

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment