Wednesday 15 January 2014

LIFESTYLE | What's In My Bag?

At the beginning of every New Year, I like to buy myself new handbag! Nothing extravagant, just a little treat, to start the year off on a good note. When I saw this bag in the Primark sale, I fell in love. Everything from the colour and size to the structure and finish drew me in, and at just €5, I COULDN'T leave it there!


I tend to over pack my bags. It's why I adore big bags, I can have everything I need for every eventuality/weather condition. It can get quite weighty! So this year, I am going to try keep my bag clutter, and junk, free! Let's see how long I last! Here's what I think are handbag essentials at any time of the year..


(Clockwise from top left) 
Umbrella. It's Ireland, chances are I'll need it at some point in my day!
Purse. Never leave home without it! I like to choose funky purses, especially if my bag is plain.
Perfume. You never know when you'll need to respray. I find perfumes nowadays have no staying power anyway, so they need to be reapplied! I always carry a deodorant with me too! The American brand Secret has been my favourite roll on for years now!
Notebook. I love making lists, whether it's shopping, packing, to do! This one is from Target, it's quite streamline, so it doesn't take up too much space! A notebook is also great if you get any ideas for blog posts, you can just jot them down! Which is why I always have several pens to hand!
Headphones. I love listening to music on the go, so headphones are essential in my handbag at all times!
Keys. Well.. for obvious reasons!
Compact Mirror. I got this mirror as a gift years ago, and I never leave home without it. It's great for on the go touch-ups, and saves me from using my front facing camera!
Lip Products. I never leave home without at least one lip balm in my bag. I am loving the Rosy Lips Vaseline and Maybelline's Baby Lips in Quenched at the minute! There's usually a lipstick or gloss floating around too!
Glasses. I don't need my glasses all the time, but it is good to have them to hand if I ever need them!

What are your handbag essentials? Let me know in the comments! 

Until next time,
Elle. 

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin' 

2 comments:

  1. Ha, I know what you mean about shoving everything into a bag...which is why I frown upon small bags. I really need to start packing body mist/perfume with me. I find that when I need it most, I don't have it and end up reeking the entire day ._.
    Quenched is my favourite Babylips scent!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore big bags, but I can never seem to find my keys in them haha! Travel-sized bottles are so useful for on the go freshening up! It's always better to have it & not need it, then to need it and not have it!
      It's the only one I've tried, but I realllly want to try some of the others too!

      Delete