Thursday 9 January 2014

LIFESTYLE | New Year, New Me?

Before you roll your eyes at yet another post about how things WILL be different this year, don't.

In all the years that I've been able to consciously make resolutions, I've not stuck to them. Which led me to ask the question: Why? Were my resolutions just that inconceivable? Or am I that bad at committing to them?

After spending the week, sitting over my notebook, I decided to create a list of simple, achievable goals for 2014. My thought process with this one is, that if I can achieve these small milestones, as the years progress, they'll get that much bigger and better. Because let's face it, travelling the world, unleashing my true potential AND meeting the man of my dreams, whilst ignoring any and all chocolate seems like an overestimation for one year!

Take better care of my skin/hair/nails: I have all these wonderful products to give me glowing skin, luscious hair, and perfect nails, yet never take the time to use them. Taking those extra few minutes, adding those extra steps to my routines could change my life, and I wouldn't even know it. But not anymore, it's been written in stone (kinda), so it shall be! 2014 will be the year of dewy skin, flowing locks and nails to die for!

Be more adventurous with my wardrobe: I like to think of myself as a fashion risk taker, but in reality, I do tend to play it safe. There's a lot of black/grey/white in my life.. My goal for 2014 is to try and incorporate at least one 'out there' wardrobe item a month. Whether it's a pair of shoes, jeans, a crazy shirt, I'm going to try and rock it, and by doing this, it'll help me be more confident with my fashion choices!

Blog up a storm: 2014 is going to be about better content, better layout, just all round better blogging. After the trial run last year, I've decided to give this blog the time and attention it needs. I've got real big plans for this site, and I hope you'll all stick around for what's in-store! In the coming weeks, I'm hoping to change the layout, and other technical mumbo-jumbo (bless me, technical Gods), and I'm constantly thinking about new content. I think I'm going to stick with 3 weekly posts, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

More. More. More.: There's a couple of things I want to do more of, or be more of in the coming year. Be more tidy. Take more pictures. Spend more time with my loved ones. Explore more. Experience more. Love more. Watch more. Read more. Write more. Listen more. Hopefully, with all the more, I'll need less!

And who knows? While I'm off completing all those tiny goals, I could travel the world, unleash my true potential, meet the man of my dreams, and kick that chocolate habit. All because I didn't force myself into thinking I needed to.

What are your thoughts on resolutions? Have you any for 2014?

Until next time, 
Elle.

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin'

1 comment:

  1. Takingcare of my hair/skin is definitely on my list too; LET 2014 BE THE YEAR WE BECOME GORGEOUS GODDESSES ;-;
    Looking forward to a blog revamp! c:

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete