Friday 15 August 2014

BEAUTY | Top 5 ...


Today's post starts a trio of Holiday Top 5 posts. With my holiday fast approaching, I've been forced to think about what I need to bring! This means I'm making lots of list, deciding what I can and can't live without when I'm away. So, I'm going to share them with you all! Today's list is the 5 beauty items I can't be without abroad! These are more skin/hair care based, but if you want to see what's in my travel beauty bag, it's here for your perusal!
1. Sunscreen 
While there's nothing wrong with getting your tanning on, it's essential to protect your skin from harmful rays! Your skin is one of your most important organs, and it needs looking after. Plus, sunburn is super uncomfortable, it can ruin your holiday! I like to alternate between cream and oil when I'm laying out - I really like Soltan & Malibu. Investing in an after-sun lotion is a good idea too, it's better to be safe than sorry! 

2. Dry Shampoo
Dry shampoo was created for vacations. Okay, not really, but they seriously are a match made in heaven! It's a quick fix product, so it's ideal for those of us who can go a couple of days between washes. Just spray and go! This Batiste one is my all-time favourite, it's cherry scented! It comes in a travel-sized canister too, perfect to throw into your pool bag!

3. Lip Balm
Lip balm is essential when you're out and about, under the hot sun. Always make sure it's got SPF in it too, you can never be too careful! I'm a lip balm fiend anyways, I am constantly applying it, and I've got pots, and chapsticks dotted around the place! These three - rose Vaseline, cherry Carmex & Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched - are my faves at the mo!

4. Hair Brush
While brushing my hair isn't my favourite pastime (there's just so much of it), I do realise it's essential to my existence. Knot-free hair is happy hair! That is why I swear by Tangle Teezers. They're a gift from the Hair Gods! It gets rid of tangles, and doesn't rip your hair out in the process. This Primark knock off is a steal at €1.50, and is a super cute heart shape!

5. Hair Removal Cream
I can never seem to escape injury when shaving my legs, I'm a disaster! It's why I'm such a fan of hair removal creams. This Veet In Shower Cream is super easy to use; simply apply to your problem-hairy zones, wait a minute or two, then pop into the shower & rinse off with this handy sponge! Hey presto, smooth legs galore!

These all seem like given essentials, but sometimes in a rush to pack everything else, we forget the obvious! What are your must haves?!

Until next time,
Elle x

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin' - Facebook

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't live without the batiste dry shampoo x
    http://missknightbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete