Friday 15 November 2013

FASHION | Winter Warmers For Your Wardrobe!

I'm not one to have a favourite season, they all have their merits, but Winter is gunning for first in the fashion department this year. Big coats, hats and scarves, woolly jumpers.. BOOTS, what's a girl not to love? Here are some of my fashion picks that are guaranteed to warm your wardrobe right up!

1. Parkas


(L-R Primark Parka, RI 3-in-1 Faux Fur Parka in Black, Missguided Orla Faux Fur Detail in Burgundy )

Parkas are a perfect casual winter coat. Don't get me wrong, I love a good mac, or even a duffle, but sometimes, a casual outfit just doesn't match. Primark have a wonderful selection of parkas, one every taste, and are reasonably priced. Missguided have a great collection too, if you're willing to pay a bit more. While I look at winter coats as an investment, the River Island parka above is just a bit too much for my purse to handle. Doesn't stop me from wanting it, in fact, I think that makes me want it more. Where's the money fairy when you need her?

2. Hats. Hats. Hats.

(Clockwise from Top Right: American Apparel Wool Floppy Hat in Dark Rust, RI Navy Pom Pom Beanie, Black Hair Turban, RI Black Rolled Brim Bowler)

This is the one thing I take through every season. I love hats, a well known fact about me. I've even been told I have a head for hats, not sure if that's a complement, but I'll take it. Winter is perfect for hats, and the best part is, there's a great range that you can rock this season! Whatever look you want to achieve, I can guarantee there is a hat to match. You can look stylish and keep your noggin warm too. Result! Pictured above are some styles that I love and can't wait to wear!

3. Boots


(Clockwise from Top Right: New Look Black Cut Out Buckle Metal Tip Ankle Boots, Dunnes Tan Ankle Boots, Primark Black Heeled Chelsea Boots, Steve Madden Black TROOPA Combat Boots)

My second favourite thing about winter. Rainy days means exchanging our much loved converse and vans for sturdy, weatherproof boots. Yes! I don't know where my obsession with boots came from, all I know is I never want it to go away. Like everything else, there is something for everyone when it comes to boots. Heeled or flat, ankle, knee, or thigh high, you name it, you can find it.

4. Knitwear


(Clockwise from Top Right: New Look Grey Ombre Stripe Oversize Jumper, Forever21 Americana Dolman Sweater, Dunnes Heart Feather Jumper, Topshop Red Knitted Chunky Bobble Jumper)

While I'm not a huge fan of knitwear, I do enjoy a good oversized jumper in the aptly named 'sweater weather'. This winter season is all about the printed knit. How fun?! If prints aren't for you though, jumpers in deep reds, blues and greens are everywhere. Not to mention, who doesn't love a good striped knit?

5. Tartan


(L-R: Topshop Red & Green Check Treggings, Top to Bottom: F&F Checked Skater Skirt, New Look Red Tartan Check T-Shirt, Zara Two-Sided Soft Scarf, Pull & Bear Woollen Check Print Lingerie Dress)

Yes, I am aware that tartan is a print, but I am LOVING anything tartan this season. Coats, trousers, dresses, scarves, shirts, skirts, I want it all! The simplest way to add some plaid (see what I did there?), is with a scarf. The Zara one above is a tad pricey, but Primark offer a great alternative for €5! Go ahead, add a little grunge to your wardrobe!

Did I bypass some of your favourite ways to warm up in winter? Let me know in the comments below!

Until next time,
Elle.

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin'

1 comment:

  1. Great selection of stuff, absolutely love all the tartan things, perfect for this time of year!! :) x

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete