Wednesday 6 November 2013

BEAUTY | How I Care for My Hair

While blonde is not the most high maintenance colour I've ever been, quite a bit of care needs to be taken! I'm ashamed to admit that while I've been blonde for 9 months now, it wasn't until a recent foray into the world of bleaching that I learned how to properly take care of my colour/hair. This routine is relatively new to me, and I've been getting people asking what I've been doing differently, so this post feels very apropos. 

L-R: Bleach London's Sliver Shampoo & Conditioner, Primark's Own Brand Tangle Teaser, Aussie's Miracle Insurance Leave-In Conditioner, Carino Miracle Oil, Batiste Dry Shampoo in Cherry & Tropical. 


I begin by washing my hair in lukewarm water. If the water is too cold, you'll only lock in the shampoo and dirt, and if it's too hot, you'll scald and dry out your hair. No bueno! I then use Bleach London's Silver Shampoo & Conditioner, available from Boots.ie for around €6.69. These tone any brassiness and brighten the colour up. Try limit your use of shampoo to once or twice weekly, and use a hair mask once a week to keep your hair healthy (I swear by the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle). Avoid roughly towel drying your hair once you've finished washing, this is where frizziness and split ends are born. Gently pat and squeeze the hair from root to tip with a towel.

Before brushing, I go in with Aussie's Miracle Insurance Leave-In Conditioner (€5.79; Boots Pharmacy are currently doing a 3 for €13 on Aussie hair care), spritzing it all over my hair. This nourishes hair, makes it free from tangles, and protects against daily wear and tear. Ace! I brush through my hair using Primark's own brand Tangle Teezer (€1.50). While the shape is a little awkward to hold, I find it glides through my hair, with little to no fallout. I then slather some Carino Miracle Oil (Aldi's answer to Moroccan Oil; €3.99) from root to tip. This helps tackle frizz and softens the hair!

I have quite a lot of hair, and I find blow drying just makes it 10 times more unmanageable, not to mention frizzy. After years of experimenting with different drying methods, I've finally found one that works best for me, and leaves me with nice, subtle waves. I part my hair, then section each side in to 2 or 3 pieces, depending how thick I want the waves, then twirl the pieces around my index finger and leave to air dry. To avoid any mishaps during the night, I braid my hair in two and wake up looking like I've just stepped off the beach in California. I wish! I keep my hair looking fresh between washes by using Batiste's Dry Shampoo.

There you have it, how I care for my hair. What are some of your favourite hair care methods/products? Let me know, I'm always interested in trying new things!

Until next time,
Elle.

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post I love haircare posts as really need to change mine at the moment

    New followers

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know if you try anything and how it works for you!

      Elle x

      Delete