Wednesday 20 November 2013

REVIEW | 17 Miracle Matte Foundation

While I'm very adventurous with all other make-up, when it comes to foundation, I play it very safe! I've been using the Maybelline Fit Me foundation for close enough to a year now, and have found it hard to look past it! However, with the current 3 for 2 in Boots, I decided to get a little brave and branch out foundation wise!

I have an unhealthy obsession with matte finishes - lipstick, eyeshadow, powder, nail polish, you name it, I want it. But I'd never tried a matte foundation.. Until now! I purchased the 17 Miracle Matte Foundation in the shade Honey. It's marketed as having a "matte satin flawless finish" and "up to 16 hour shine control". I'm not going to lie, I was excited to use it. I had been stuck in my ways for too long, and I was ready for change!


My excitement, it seems, was short-lived. On first application, the foundation was cakey and patchy. Uh oh! After A LOT of blending and a dusting of translucent powder, it began to look somewhat presentable. Second time around, I applied a primer beforehand, and it was a disaster zone. My face looked muddy and discoloured in places. Not what you want before a night out. It looked so bad, I had to go back to my old faithful!


I'm not one to write products off without a fair trial, so I gave the Miracle Matte another shot. Third time's the charm, or so they tell me! Unlike the first two applications, I began by focusing on my cheeks, applying it to one at a time, and then the rest of my face. Surprisingly, it looked okay, for the most part. There were still some patchy areas near my jawline, it just needs some TLC!

My main issue with this foundation is it dries too quickly, making difficult to blend. No bueno! Because of it's quick drying, it also needs some time when applying. My best advice, take your time, go in stages! Coverage wise, it's a nice everyday foundation, I just prefer a higher coverage. When I'm determined to like something, I will not stop until I find some sort of redeeming quality!

Have you tried any matte foundations? Did you have better luck than me?

Until next time,
Elle.

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. Yay another Irish blogger! Great post btw and fab blog girl :)

    Niamh x

    http://niamhetc.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There can never be too many! Awh thank youuuu! :)

      Elle x

      Delete